Your assignment today is to look at some of your dreams. Pick one. What can you do to boldly go in the direction of that dream? Is there a clear and distinct move you can make today that will start to hurl you toward that goal? Would it really be so scary? What first step can you take in faith? The results may be magical.
The dream that I want to focus on today is ameliorating my social anxiety. (See that? I used another GRE word, hopefully correctly). What can I do to achieve this?
- First of all, I can work on my social anxiety in a situation in which I am not directly interacting with people, but is still causes me distress: driving. I can try some breathing exercises during situations where I’d normally be tense and have calm music on in the car. I can also try driving in areas that I am not familiar in to gain practice and improve my self-efficiency with the task.
- I will ask my mom to send me a list of doctors and therapists in the area that I can go to. Until then, I can talk to a listener online at 7cupsoftea.com. It’s something that I have been wanting to do, but have been nervous about.
- I can apply to more part-time jobs. I can talk and ask questions at supervision this week and maybe start talking to someone there and get to know them.
- I can talk to Sarah or Chad and come out of my isolation. I could also try reaching out to Amy and Brittany.
GRE Words of the Day
Guile – sly or cunning intelligence; deceit
Although Walter White did not have physical strength, he used his impressive guile to make his way to the top of the drug trade.
Immutable – unable to be changed
Although they are looked upon with great contempt, many people believe that murderers and other criminals are not totally immutable.
Castigate – to reprimand harshly
After the boy broke his mother’s favorite lamp, she castigated him and sent him to his room for the rest of the day.
- Apply to part-time jobs
- Catch up on The Walking Dead
- Catch up on Once Upon A Time
- Start waking up by 9:00 am
- Rearrange my rooms
- Play Outbreak: Undead with Michael
- Watch Michael play Persona 3
- Read Homestuck
- Finish Wayward
- Get Thanksgiving crafts
- Talk to Sarah